Saturday, February 6, 2010

Park your car in Harvard Yard (July 2003 - March 2006)

Boston. Three years of my life in my early to mid 20’s. Boy did that prove to be a good time for adding to the list of disaster dates. And some good ones too. But first the disasters. There was the guy who made plans and then disappeared on me…three times (my fault for that one). There was the guy who was completely different in person than what he had written on his match profile. (How can you go to Univ. of Florida and HATE football???) There was the Frog Pond skating date that was rained out and then turned into an uncomfortably long dinner in Beacon Hill. There was the teleski guy from New Hampshire who keeps his sleeping bag in the car…just in case. He also told me that teleskiing gives him great leg muscles, and if I was lucky he’d show me sometime. (I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit…please don’t say things like that on a FIRST DATE!) Then there was the entire disaster situation with the roommate of a nephew of a friend of a friend (got that?) which was on and off for six months. He was cute and it was fun while it lasted! I’m racking my brain for more, I KNOW there had to be other disasters. I’ll revisit when I can add to the list.

If I don’t laugh, I’ll cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment