Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Are you naughty? (December 2009)

Alright, around the holidays it’s just too easy to make the “naughty or nice” jokes. It’s flirtatious and fun. It can also be taken too far, too quickly. Like when you’ve never met the person before. So dating around the holidays is weird and awkward. People have hectic schedules, people are out of town, work is busy, work is dead, etc. So I emailed Omaha (as we’ll call him) through match a few times before giving him my phone number. We began texting as well. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the get to know you type stuff. We planned to meet up when he got home from spending the holidays in Nebraska. I was on the way home from a friend’s house late one Saturday night when the texts started pouring in from Omaha. They started out innocent enough. Asking about my holiday, what I was doing, what I was wearing (???) before turning, well, downright inappropriate. Before too long he was asking me to send him dirty text messages. That’s not how I roll. Especially if I’ve never met you. I told him to grow up. I stopped returning his texts. Yes, this stuff really does happen to me.

If I don’t laugh, I’ll cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment