Monday, February 8, 2010

A few good men, the Boston installment. (July 2003 – March 2006)

While I had my fair share of New England disasters, there were some really good dates (and good men) thrown in there too. Best date while I lived there, hands down, was the surprise date to Newport. He wouldn’t tell me where we were going, other than to lunch. He made sure I had the whole day open, and he took me to Rhode Island. We had lunch in Newport, did the mansion cliff walk, and went to the Tennis Hall of Fame. Great day. There were some great dates surrounding the Red Sox as well. I’ll never forget watching the Red Sox win the World Series with Worm in 2004. (Yes, he had a compost in his kitchen in Somerville, complete with worms. Hence the nickname.) There was a great date while the Tribe was in town…hot, hot, humid day but great seats with a great guy made it not quite as bad. And the Palm. One of the best first dates EVER. Great conversation, great chemistry, great food. The second date was almost as good as the first with a pizza and the Red Sox on TV at his house (my idea). Oh, and there were numerous first dates at great restaurants in the North End. Sounds like I ate my way through Boston on these dates, huh? That was the idea! Between the North End, Sam Adams beer, and Fenway Park there were some home runs in New England to balance out the disasters.

Hope, still hanging on to that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment