Friday, February 19, 2010

Time for a guest blog! That really happened....to someone else.

Here it is, the first of many "guest appearances" on my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there suffering through disaster dates. Below is a nice little entry from a very dear friend we'll just call JF. That really happened to her!

Who: Star Wars Super Fan
How We Met: Match.com
How Many Dates: 3

The Story: I went on 3 dates with Star Wars Super Fan. He was a nice guy, we both had worked at Disneyland and movie theatres and had a shared love of the Muppets. He was on the shorter end of the spectrum and a little hyper. Oh and he did that cr*ppy move where he asks you out for another date before you are even finished with the current date. His nickname was Tigger because he bounced when he was excited. But like I said, he was a nice guy. The moment I knew I had to end it with Star Wars Super Fan was when he took me to see Attack of the Clones. Now I love Star Wars as much as the next person, but he took it to a whole new level. Whenever Yoda came on screen, he would literally bounce up and down in his seat. He caught air he bounced so high! How could I go through life with someone who jumped up and down like he was on a pogo stick whenever he saw a Jedi Master?

After I ended the relationship, we decided to remain friends. One night he invited me over to his house to watch a movie. I walked into his apartment and the living room walls are all painted electric blue. LEGO X-Wing fighters and Tie-Fighters are hanging from the ceiling as if in mid-battle. The couch is draped with a Yoda blanket. The rug has a Star Wars theme. The dining room wall was covered with Star Wars figurines still in their packaging as if they were hanging at Toys-R-Us. As the apartment tour continued into the bedroom, I became speechless. His bedroom walls were painted, well, Yoda green. On his nightstand was a life-size Yoda. Now I ask you, what women in her right mind is going to have sex while Yoda looks on? That was the first and only time I visited Star Wars Super Fan’s apartment.

I eventually moved out of state but still kept in touch with Star Wars Super Fan. He emailed me one day to say he was going to be on VH1. He gave me the day and time but not the name of the show. I tune in with three of my male friends and a show called “Totally Gay” comes on. My friends and I sat through 45 minutes before Star Wars Super Fan made an appearance. He was on a segment about straight men adopting gay men’s grooming habits. Then Star Wars Super Fan says “I really like it when a girl sticks her finger up my a**.” All three of my friends turned to me as if I was the culprit. I never went beyond first base with Star Wars Super Fan so that was not my handiwork.

Last I hear Star Wars Super Fan was happily in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment